Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Not A Party Until Brochitis Arrives

I am sure you have all been riveted by the tale of my recent lupus flare.  It has been full of aches, pains, and inflammation.  I was having a great time with all that, but little did I know that it could, indeed, get better. 

Bronchitis...

I guess I shouldn't really be too surprised.  I knew that the pregnisone they put me on to stop the flare would lower my immunity system.  I heard my daughter sniffling and sneezing.  I should have realized the tiny little cold she had would equal a chest apocalypse for me.  This is only my second flare since being diagnosed, my first "real" experience I guess.  I am doing my best to stay positive, but the repeated trips this week to the hospital for chest xrays, breathing treatments, heart monitoring, and various (I think the count right now is 6) prescriptions is beginning to piss in my cheerios.

To top it all off, one of the scripts they gave me was for codeine. Something I have felt very strongly about is doing my best to avoid taking narcotics as best I can through all this.  There have been a day here or there where I have taken one of my prescribed percocet, but for the most part I remain narcotic free.  The codeine has been the only thing successfully suppressing my cough.  I really didn't need a moral dilemma.

Sorry kids for the Downer Debbie night.  It happens to the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment